FORUMS: list search recent posts

CoreAudio_Failed_to_Start

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marc Fisher
CoreAudio_Failed_to_Start
on Aug 7, 2013 at 8:33:26 am

SO I WAS HAVING PROBLEMS FIRST WITH MY BLACKMAGIC CARD, THEN THINKING IT WAS JUST PREMIERE, (damn caps, sorry) And i found out, i also have issue with MC7.
I've uninstalled my BMD card, and the drivers, i re-installed my premiere copy, and did a fresh install of the OS X (at least, by starting up holding down control -r) I don't get it. what has gone wrong with my system, that i can no longer have my apps output audio?
premiere doesn't do anything, but at least MC 7 plays picture..
i'm digging and digging, but getting no where fast..

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: CoreAudio_Failed_to_Start
on Aug 7, 2013 at 1:49:18 pm

If you have done a full clean install of OSX (where you back up your files and erase the drive) and you are still getting this error, you should get your computer checked out. sounds like the internal sound card may have failed.

Return to posts index

Marc Fisher
on Aug 7, 2013 at 4:31:50 pm

No, i didn't erase the HD. just a re-install of the OS. (over the previous iteration i guess).
Here's where it gets freaky though, I have all my system sounds working. i get Quicktime and itunes audio out of my Line Output.
I get audio out of my version of Smoke 2013 Ext1, when selecting CoreAudio.
just no audio out of MC7, or Premiere Pro CC (or any of the Adobe CC apps as well)

I'm completely stumped. I would agree with you John if nothing worked.. Thanks for the thoughts though.

marc

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Aug 7, 2013 at 5:11:30 pm

[Marc Fisher] "No, i didn't erase the HD. just a re-install of the OS. (over the previous iteration i guess)."

I'd think about doing a clean install. Clone your drive first, so you can go back, if you want.

Add programs one at a time. Will be easier to troubleshoot. You might have conflict or one program is messing up core audio for MC and Adobe.

Return to posts index

Marc Fisher
on Aug 7, 2013 at 5:16:05 pm

John, thanks for the thoughts.. i'm dreading having to do that, but you may be right.

As Google turns, i found something on Apple's site that may be getting closer to an explanation.

Something called a StackShot, that was introduced in 10.8.4. find it by looking at your console. It may not be the correct answer, but between that and Flash, it may be.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5083953?start=0&tstart=0

Return to posts index

Marc Fisher
on Aug 7, 2013 at 6:29:13 pm

Well, I'm getting farther, And no where, all at the same time.
I borrowed my buddies copy of Logic Pro. thoughts being maybe it'll fix the audio issue by re-installing the drivers for Core Audio. or something to that effect.
I checked the prefs in Logic, It is definitely using the Core Audio. as you can see in the image.
And I hear everything just fine playing out..

So my OS is fine then.. in regard to Logic Pro X and Smoke2013, and quicktime and itunes, but not to Avid or Adobe..

Well, i guess it's time to move this thread to Apple...

John, thanks for the input, if you have any other, please drop it on me..

Marc

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]