FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressing for HD YouTube Upload

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jordan Liles
Compressing for HD YouTube Upload
on Aug 5, 2013 at 9:17:36 pm

I have a 22 minute 1080/24p project that I have finished, and I want to know the best way to compress for the best quality upload on YouTube. I did a test using Avid's standard "Fast Export" settings and after uploading to YouTube the quality is poor, even after giving YouTube time to do proper 720p/1080p compressions. I have Media Composer 5. If I was to do a "Send To Sorenson Squeeze", what are the recommended settings for export for an eventual YouTube and Vimeo uploads? Thanks so much.

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
Re: Compressing for HD YouTube Upload
on Aug 5, 2013 at 9:31:16 pm

There is no longer a 2GB limit for YouTube - we export a DNxHD file and load that directly as YouTube accepts that - ours look great. The only hitch is upload time depending on your connection.

Ricky

Return to posts index

Jordan Liles
on Aug 5, 2013 at 9:38:32 pm

Yeah, I wasn't so considered about file size as I don't mind uploading overnight. The last file was 18.8GB. I'm just wanting to be sure that exporting with the "Fast Export Quicktime" setting in Avid (with the Avid codec, thus meaning the compression method isn't customizable) is the best way to go about things. Am I doing it the best way in terms of quality? Obviously I could go uncompressed, but it would take more than a week or two to upload. That's not an option.

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
on Aug 5, 2013 at 10:05:22 pm

You might try a QT Ref file to Sorenson and play with 1080p 1:1 fps ratio at 1920x1080 using h.264 with Bluray comparable bitrate between 25-35mbps? You might try a 30 second clip to YouTube that you could remove (or put onto a channel that isn't critical to be removed later).

Sorry I have no other options - maybe someone else does.

Ricky

Return to posts index

Jordan Liles
on Aug 6, 2013 at 1:47:49 am

Thanks, I'll give it a shot!

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Aug 6, 2013 at 2:08:39 am

Export to Sorenson. There are good presets there for YouTube and other online services.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]