FORUMS: list search recent posts

AVID AAF only exporting 6 second handles

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Misty Talley
AVID AAF only exporting 6 second handles
on Aug 2, 2013 at 10:38:35 pm

I'm working in MC6.5 and trying to deliver audio for a feature film. This is my first time doing an Avid workflow. I have normally worked in FCP 7 in the past.

As per the audio mixer's request I exported an AAF to his specifications. Everything appeared to work perfectly then when he opened it up in ProTools the handles were only 6 seconds long. We need them to be the whole file. i.e. 'infinite' handles. I went back into the AAF export options but can find no way to adjust the length of the handles. The mixer isn't sure what the issue is either. Here is a screen shot of the AAF setting that I'm using.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: AVID AAF only exporting 6 second handles
on Aug 3, 2013 at 3:07:26 am

Thats a weird one.

Two things to check.

Are you sure you are exporting from the original sequence or are you exporting from one that you consolidated at some point?

Try turning off AAF Edit Protocol. We never have that turned on, and dont have problems.

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
on Aug 3, 2013 at 7:07:15 am

Copy All Media has had issues - at some point it consolidated with 0 frame handles. I always avoid it. What I prefer to do is manually copy ALL audio mediafiles onto a drive for sound post, then do a 'Linked To Media' AAF export. This also ensures that any updates can easily be sent over to sound post.

Return to posts index

Misty Talley
on Aug 5, 2013 at 4:28:14 pm

That makes sense. I talked to the sound mixer about this option and he's confident that this will be the a viable solution. Thanks so much.

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
on Aug 3, 2013 at 9:10:42 am

I just checked in v7, seems to work correctly there. Only difference is that I do not set a destination drive but rather a destination folder.

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
on Aug 3, 2013 at 9:22:18 am

Just tested this in 6.5.3, got correct results. Again, not setting a destination drive but rather a destination folder.

Also: you did not do any consolidating prior to or during export, right?

Return to posts index

Misty Talley
on Aug 3, 2013 at 2:58:57 pm

The project that I am working from is straight from the editor. He shipped the drive from across the country. I don't think he did any consolidating since I'm able to pull out handles from the audio clips that are longer than 6 seconds in the timeline to view slates and the tail of the clips in his sequence. I'm still very new to Avid though, I'm not sure if that is what you mean by consolidating.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Aug 3, 2013 at 6:49:28 pm

Yes, that is what consolidating is - reducing the source clips to what is used in the timeline with whatever number of frame handles. I need to poke around as to why you are only getting 6 frame handles.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]