FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adding Stills in MC7

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Schultz
Adding Stills in MC7
on Aug 2, 2013 at 7:05:23 pm

Okay, I'm not sure what's going on here. I'm trying add stills into MC timeline. When I double click on the still in the bin, it fills the whole screen and distorts. I don't remember this happening before. Am I doing something dumb?

Dan S.

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Adding Stills in MC7
on Aug 2, 2013 at 7:21:03 pm

You have Resize Image To Fit Format Raster set in your import settings.

http://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/demystifying-the-avid-import-settings-dialo...

You will need to use Batch Import to reimport them and fix it.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Aug 2, 2013 at 7:55:21 pm

Note that those stills you imported have been converted to the frame size of the project. So if they were 5600x4000 pixels at 300DPI, once you import them into Avid, they become...say 1920x1080 72dpi. Might be fine if you just show them full screen, but if you want to do any moves on them, you need to either use Avid PAN & ZOOM...or Moving Picture (stagetools), or Sapphire Pan & Zoom...they all have you link to the original photo.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Aug 2, 2013 at 8:36:09 pm

In MC 7 you can also link to stills using the new FrameFlex feature, which is intended for RED and other high resolution footage, but works with stills too.

You can keyframe and do nice pans with it, retaining full resolution. No rotation, though....but Avid Pan and Zoom doesn't do that either.

Return to posts index

Daniel Schultz
on Aug 3, 2013 at 1:34:32 am

Thanks!
I had a brain freeze. Not sure why I forgot pan&zoom!

Dan S.

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Frame Flex
on Aug 3, 2013 at 3:26:05 pm

Been playing with this the last few days. Link to the photo via AMA and use FrameFlex to keyframe your move. It works similarly to the 3D Warp effect. No clunky Avid Pan & Zoom interface, no third party plugin. It just works. Of course, if you need to share sequences with an older system, it won't be possible.

Haven't tested in a sequence with a lot of stills, but I think this is where things are headed. I would not be surprised if this becomes the favored workflow. It's a lot more intuitive to use.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]