FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid MC 7 can't transcode XDCAM EX

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh Nikon
Avid MC 7 can't transcode XDCAM EX
on Jul 30, 2013 at 6:24:21 pm

Hey guys, I have about 17 MC systems here and I have 1 computer that will not transcode xdcam ex media .. I am transcoding from SAN or LOCAL (tried both) to our Facilis Terrablock 24d ... I am consistently getting a broken pipe error.. neither avid or facilis have been able to resolve the issue. any advise? I have turned off all clients antivirus as well.

Appreciate any help.

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Avid MC 7 can't transcode XDCAM EX
on Aug 1, 2013 at 5:39:28 pm

I think the Avid 7 compatible AMA plug in just came out yesterday. Did you install it?

Return to posts index

Matthew Mullen
on Aug 2, 2013 at 5:48:18 pm

Is it only happening when the destination is the Terrablock?

Return to posts index

Josh Nikon
on Aug 3, 2013 at 1:46:11 am

for the most part yes... I have been able to transcode to a usb drive ( all I had at the time ) but it would fail out 3 out of 5 times. . . fails everytime to the TerraBlock. I wiped the computer, rebuilt with fresh downloads of everything .. problem is still there. plugged directly into the Terrablock, problem is still there.
move to another computer.. works fine... same file, same bin... I even changed the computer name to no spaces no caps.. rebuilt it with a new and complete different build of osx.. mc7 and 5.7.3 TB.. no workie.. both avid and Facilis have recommended that the mac has an issue.. but, I have a hard time believing that to some degree.. it works.. and checks out ok.. I supposed the NIC could have a fault.. but we even tried using the thunderbolt connection to Ether.. ( does that use the same NIC in a top end 2013 Imac ? still fails. it reads media fine.. edits fine.. exports fine.. imports fine.. but will not transcode!? I haven't given up... but I gave him another IMAC for now.. identical build to his original. Any Idea?!?

Return to posts index

Matthew Mullen
on Aug 6, 2013 at 8:46:15 pm

This is bizarre to say the least. Does the Mac or Avid console give any useful information?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]