FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems Capturing Using Avid Media Composer 6

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zora Matthews
Problems Capturing Using Avid Media Composer 6
on Jul 29, 2013 at 4:33:07 pm

Hello Everyone

I'm new to Avid and i'm having problems capturing footage using Avid Media Composer 6. I'm using a JVC DV Camera Model Number GRD340EK to capture, i've managed to connect the camera to my computer and configure the decks manually and i've pressed the apply button when i configured the decks, but when i press the capture button in the capture window, it still has the words "no deck" It also has a message saying Exception No tracks have been selected please select at least one track. I tried selecting the video and audio button and Audio 1 and 2 buttons in the capture window but a message appeared which said you may not capture or log audio and video together because they are being input at different rates. What does this mean?. I've also tried auto configuration but a message appeared saying no tracks have been selected please select at least one track when i selected a track from the capture window a message said there was no input signal present What does this mean? Should i try to auto configure again? have i selected the right tracks in the capture window? I really would be grateful if anyone can offer some advice on what to do .

Kind regards

Zora

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Problems Capturing Using Avid Media Composer 6
on Jul 31, 2013 at 2:09:38 pm

Hi Zora, there are a lot of variables at play here, so i would begin with some basics.
(I don't usually use firewire decks, but the basics of troubleshooting are always the same)

I am assuming you are connected via firewire?
i'm assuming your capture device is set to firewire within Avid.
After an autoconfig of the deck, can you shuttle the deck around using the Avid Interface?
Perhaps try a generic template as well.

Do you know what format your camera is recording at? Could there be a conflict between that and your sequence settings?

Some cameras make you go into a different mode to playback rather than record to tape(disk). Check that.

You say you are getting an error with Audio and Video connected at the same time. What happens when you turn one off? (i know you need both, but first things first...lets try to get something into the box)

I took a peek at the manual for the camera, and it looks like a pretty straight forward home camera. With a proper DV to firewire cable you should be able to hook it up to your computer without too many issues. Again, you do have to be in playback mode, not record mode.

Hope something works out for you

Glenn

Glenn

Return to posts index

Graham Tees
on Jul 31, 2013 at 2:27:01 pm

Some points to check:

Does Windows see the camera when you connect it to your computer?

Do you switch the camera on before you start Media Composer? Sometimes MC doesn't see a deck if it was only switched on after MC was started.

Are your project settings exactly the same as your camera recording settings? If not this might explain the "you may not capture or log audio and video together because they are being input at different rates" message. In particular did you record your audio in the camera at 48bit or 32bit. MC can be fussy if the audio was not recorded at 48bit.

Return to posts index

Zora Matthews
project settings
on Aug 5, 2013 at 7:05:15 pm

Hi Graham
In My Project settings the sample rate is at 48KHZ and the Bit depth is 16bit with my DV camera settings it's 12 bit is that right?

Zora

Return to posts index

Zora Matthews
on Aug 6, 2013 at 6:36:00 am

Hi Graham .
I've checked my project settings and camera settings they were fine
Windows does see the camera when I connect it to the computer Should i start to capture when windows recognises the camera or should i wait until i've opened Media composer software?

Zora

Return to posts index

Graham Tees
on Aug 6, 2013 at 8:33:10 am

You have to wait until MC is open, as you are capturing into MC and not into Windows.

Return to posts index

Zora Matthews
on Aug 5, 2013 at 6:37:56 pm

Hi Glenn
It's Zora I am connected via firewire and my DV camera is set to firewire within avid . My camera was not on record mode but in playback mode before I attempted to capture.

Audio and Video buttons

When I turned one button off out of the two a message appeared saying no input signal present what does this mean? and how do i get an input signal?

Kind Regards
Zora

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Aug 6, 2013 at 2:00:17 pm

Based on your earlier post, i'm wondering if there is a conflict with windows? If Windows opens one of those "what should i do with this device" windows, cancel out of it before continuing.

Unfortunately i don't have a dv camera to try out the workflow myself.
Make sure Avid is launched first.
Plug in and turn on your camera, run the auto config through the capture tool to try and discover the deck.

Make sure you have a hard drive selected to capture to.

If all else fails, try creating different projects with different settings. NTSC 30, HD 59.94, HD 23.98. It shouldn't be that difficult to get it to recognize your camera.

Perhaps someone with a DV camera can chime in with a step by step they do to get it to work.

Sorry, can't be much more help.

Glenn

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]