FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio EDL export with file name, not clip name

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Kovack
Audio EDL export with file name, not clip name
on Jul 23, 2013 at 5:00:52 pm

Hello All,

I have a small issue with exporting my EDL in MC 6.5.

I need the EDL to list the audio file names (as seen in finder) and not the clip names (as seen in AVID). IS there a simple way to make that happen? I'm hoping its a setting in EDL Manager (other than including 'source file' from the comments tab - that only gets me the original folder, not the file name).

When we brought the audio into AVID it did have the file name, but somehow that seems to have been lost when we did all our post-syning (using AutoSync).

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

RK

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
Re: Audio EDL export with file name, not clip name
on Jul 23, 2013 at 5:44:31 pm

The audio filenames should be there as a source file name. Are they not? Is sound post insisting on using the sc/sl/tk names as set in the BWF metadata?

Did you use Perf Slip when AutoSycing? If you did not, you could just duplicate your sequence, place it into a new bin, add all originally imported master clips and force a relink.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Jul 23, 2013 at 6:59:16 pm

If the BWF files were imported directly, then you will find the actual filename in the TapeID column. Highlight that column and duplicate it in the SoundRoll column and will be available as source in EDL Manager.

Michael

Return to posts index

Ryan Kovack
on Aug 6, 2013 at 7:31:01 pm

Sorry to take so long....but I wanted to say thanks for the help on this. It was appreciated.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]