FORUMS: list search recent posts

Capture Tool Not Reconizing Deck Yet I can see/hear Picture and Sound

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Ellena
Capture Tool Not Reconizing Deck Yet I can see/hear Picture and Sound
on Jul 23, 2013 at 12:21:56 am

Hey Creative Cow,
First time posting and a long time lurker who has benefited from all your knowledge.

I am working on Avid 5.0 with an Adrenaline importing footage from Digital Betacam from a DVW-A500 deck. After a day of ingesting the system was shut down and I powered it up this morning to continue the work. Now when i capture, Avid in the capture window is not recognizing the deck. But when I manually playback the deck I can see picture and sound. I believe something has been altered in my deck configuration but I open my deck configuration and there is nothing listed. I am not super savy with deck configuration (normally engineers have set it up) so I do not know how to trouble shoot. (I should of spend more time with the engineers!). Anyways does anyone have any ideas or help? Thank so much I am at such a loss.

Here is a link to a photo of my deck config. screenshot2013-07-22at5.19.29pm.png

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Capture Tool Not Reconizing Deck Yet I can see/hear Picture and Sound
on Jul 23, 2013 at 4:56:37 am

Did you try auto configure ?

You'll find it in a pulldown menu where your deck is identified

Return to posts index

Matt Ellena
on Jul 23, 2013 at 9:13:16 am

Yes I tried to autoconfigure as well. Very strange could it be a deck issue? Do I need to do anything more? It's getting picture and sound. Thanks for the response!

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
on Jul 23, 2013 at 12:40:15 pm

According to your .png you need to "Add Channel" (Probably will be Direct Com 1 depending on how/where remote is connected) then auto-configure.

Ricky

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]