FORUMS: list search recent posts

Media Composer Crash Upon Render (errcode 2034)

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Skrobowski
Media Composer Crash Upon Render (errcode 2034)
on Jul 18, 2013 at 12:53:42 am

Hi, I'm an amatuer Avid Media Composer user, and I could use some assistance.

I'm experiencing trouble when trying to export (to "QT Movie (.mov)") a section of a sequence (with in/out marks) containing one track of AVCHD (.MTS) video that is linked via AMA and has an unrendered AvidFX effect applied to it (There are about three separate effects applied to the footage from within AvidFX.); there are also two tracks of audio that come with the video. The footage is about 5 minutes long and is 1920x1080p@23.976. I only want to render about 5 seconds worth of the sequence so that I can see what it will look like with the effects from AvidFX applied...without having to "Render Effect" (which takes very long for a 5 minute clip and sometimes crashes my machine).

I experience this issue when I:

-Have an AVCHD clip linked via AMA to a bin and have it inserted into a sequence

1) Apply the AvidFX filter to the clip and use the AvidFX engine to modify the footage

2) Select a 5 second segment of the sequence using the In/Out marks

3) Click "file," then "Export"

4) Chose the "custom" export settings from the export options dialogue box with the dimensions set to 1920x1080...(...the same as my project settings, but, when I try to chose the "Same as Project" option, I get a message saying that no footage was found....)

5) Chose "Save" from the original Export dialogue box

It begins to render, making it about 20 seconds in...but then the computer crashes or I get an error message:

"exception: movie export from procdures failed: errcode -2034"

Any advice on how to resolve this issue is very greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

UPDATE:

When I try to QT Movie export a segment of the sequence without the AvidFX applied to the clip, it works.

When I try to QT Movie export a segment of the sequence with the clip transcoded into 1:1 MXF and with the AvidFX filter applied, it works. However, shouldn't I be able to export...properly even if I'm using AMA media instead of transcoded media?

System:

Media Composer 6.5.3; Windows 7 Professional 64-bit; Intel core-i7, 8 (4 virtual) 2.67 GHz; 6GB RAM

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
Re: Media Composer Crash Upon Render (errcode 2034)
on Jul 18, 2013 at 12:22:56 pm

{However, shouldn't I be able to export...properly even if I'm using AMA media instead of transcoded media?}

No, you need to transcode any/all AMA before exporting.

Ricky

Return to posts index

Daniel Skrobowski
on Jul 18, 2013 at 1:36:15 pm

Hi Ricky, thanks for the quick reply.

I guess I'm still a little confused because I can and am usually able to export a sequence containing AMA media. I tested...and removed the AvidFX effect from the AMA AVCHD clip and tried to export a segment, and it worked.

Is there something else that I'm missing here?

Any tips are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
on Jul 18, 2013 at 1:58:12 pm

I am probably least knowledgeable and experienced with this, I guess i was thinking AMA and QT Ref. I could only speculate that so much is linked AND non-rendered that Avid won't (but seems like it should) render all as it exports. have you tried using AMA but rendering before exporting?

Ricky

Return to posts index

Garrett Richardson
on Jul 18, 2013 at 11:23:38 pm

Possible the render was corrupt. If you mark the clip with the effect on it and clear render in-out, then re-render that would fix a corrupt render file but not positive that's the problemo.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]