FORUMS: list search recent posts

Semi-complicated Avid MC 5.5 relinking question

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don Stroud
Semi-complicated Avid MC 5.5 relinking question
on Jul 15, 2013 at 4:36:19 pm

We're in the process of doing a bigger version of a short documentary we completed last year. I have taken all the old MXF media and moved it onto a new drive (preserving the Avid MXF file structure). I have copied the media bins from the old project into the new one.

Now I am trying to relink the non-AMA imported clips to the old project's copied bins that are in the new project. (I told you this was semi-complicated.) When I bring up Media Tool, the clips are there, audio and video, just fine. But for the life of me, I cannot get them to relink. Sure, I could just drag the clips over from Media Tool, but I'm trying to preserve the links for the sequences, which have lots of little short cuts and would be a BEAR to recut by hand.

Is there some trick to the relinking that I'm not getting? For the record, I have NEVER gotten Relink to work in ANY version of MC I've ever used.

Here are my system stats:

MC 5.5.3.4

Mac OSX 10.6.3 2x2.26 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 20GB 1066MHz DDR3

Any help you can provide would be appreciated!!!

Don

Return to posts index

Nina Lucia
Re: Semi-complicated Avid MC 5.5 relinking question
on Jul 15, 2013 at 7:07:46 pm

So you are using the old media and the old bins but in a new project? Was the old project on a different version of MC? Any reason you aren't just using the old project as well?

Do you have "Relink only to media from the current project" unchecked?

I've have hardly had any issues relinking. I would point to the correct drive, uncheck the above, and see what happens.

Also, are you saying the the clips that come up in Media Tool are linked but then the clips in the original bins are still not linked? Did you try opening an original bin/sequence while the Media Tool bin is open and see if that links them?

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Semi-complicated Avid MC 5.5 relinking question
on Jul 15, 2013 at 8:45:47 pm

Highlight the sequence and do a relink and see what if finds.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]