FORUMS: list search recent posts

Symphony does not recognize G-Tech drive as Media Drive

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mel Feliciano
Symphony does not recognize G-Tech drive as Media Drive
on Jul 15, 2013 at 3:14:24 pm

I just upgraded my Symphony 6.0 to version 6.5 and noticed a serious problem. My main "Media Drive" for editing is a 4TB G Technology G Speed eS Pro Raid 0 Disk Array connected through mini-SAS on Atto R680 Raid adapter. If I click on the hardware button in the Info tab, it shows on the list of available drives, but it is not even an option in Media Tool or Media Creation. Importing or linking to AMA from this drive is not an issue. The problem is only with the Avid. When editing in Premiere Pro, I use this drive as my Scratch disk/Media drive successfully.

To be honest, I don't remember if I had this problem in Symphony 6.0, since I've been using Premiere Pro as my main NLE for the past year, before I purchased the" G-Tech".

I'm running Symphony 6.5.3 on Mac OS X 10.7.5 (Lion).

I really want to love the Avid but issues like these make me go back to Premiere Pro.

Does anybody have any idea of what is the problem?

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
Re: Symphony does not recognize G-Tech drive as Media Drive
on Jul 15, 2013 at 8:59:18 pm

Not sure what causes the difference, but see what happens if you open the Console (CMD-6) and type 'alldrives' then hit Enter.

Return to posts index

Mel Feliciano
Re: Symphony does not recognize G-Tech drive as Media Drive
on Jul 16, 2013 at 2:16:48 am

I'm not familiar with the console, but I did what you said and this is what I got. Nothing have changed. The problem still persists.

I also updated the Atto Raid controller driver and firmware and it didn't fix the problem. I'm pretty sure that it has something to do with Avid and Mini-SAS storage. Very strange since my computer is Avid qualified and the Atto controller and the G-Speed are advertised as Avid compatible.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]