FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mirroring Media Composer with Apple TV Airplay over WIFI

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jeff Pereira
Mirroring Media Composer with Apple TV Airplay over WIFI
on Jul 12, 2013 at 11:23:34 pm

Hello, I am using Media Composer 5.5, and would like to use Apple TV Airplay Mirroring so that my HDTV can act as a preview monitor.
Airplay mirroring works fine when AVID is NOT running, however when it is running, Apple TV will mirror for 3 seconds then switch back.
I've tried eliminating electronic interferences, but still the same issue occurs.

Any ideas? This was the main reason I bought the apple TV in the first place.
Has anyone tried this successfully?

Apple TV 3rd Gen
Macbook w/ Mountain Lion
Avid Media Composer 5.5

Jeff

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Mirroring Media Composer with Apple TV Airplay over WIFI
on Jul 13, 2013 at 2:42:07 am

I could never get it to work either. Don't really know where the issue lies. I may go try again, but I am assuming you are working in two monitor mode where the Airplay is the "full screen monitor"?

Michael

Return to posts index

jeff Pereira
on Jul 13, 2013 at 3:16:20 am

I'm using it to mirror what is on my macbook pro. Just one monitor.
I haven't tried connecting through ethernet yet, perhaps that will solve the problem. I will update you when I get a long enough cable.

Thanks,
Jeff

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Jul 13, 2013 at 1:10:30 pm

Then maybe we are trying for two different things. Mirroring is taking what I have on my laptop monitor and putting it out on the external monitor. I want to keep the AVID GUI on my laptop, but use the AppleTV and projector as the client monitor as though it were the full screen monitor. There may be other issues if and when this works such as picture delay respective to audio, etc.

Michael

Return to posts index

jeff Pereira
on Jul 13, 2013 at 4:39:53 pm

Yes we are trying slightly different things. I was planning on putting AVID into full screen mode and mirroring it for preview purposes with client.
I don't believe what you are trying to do is possible with APPLE TV although it would be great. However, I've heard rumour that the next version of Mac OS will allow you to use APPLE TV as a second monitor. I don't think this will mimic a client monitor (it will work more like connecting through thunderbolt), but it's one step closer.

Return to posts index

jeff Pereira
on Jul 26, 2013 at 1:18:51 pm

So i've tried this again using only ethernet connections, it still does not work. I can get the visual on my TV now, but if I try to play it I get the following errors:

"CoreAudioManager::GetNumOutputBusses()
iRep->iCurrentOutputDevice is set to NULL."

Seems to be an audio issue?
I'm out of ideas.

I'm wondering if anyone out there has tried this with any success with a more recent version of media composer (i'm using 5.5), or a different computer, (I'm using a MacBook Pro from 2011).

Thoughts?

Return to posts index

Michael Gleason
on Oct 19, 2013 at 7:12:44 pm

Did anyone figure this out?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]