FORUMS: list search recent posts

AAF Export throws frames off / out of sync - AVID MC 6.5.2

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rebecca Sherwood
AAF Export throws frames off / out of sync - AVID MC 6.5.2
on Jul 11, 2013 at 1:46:52 am

When I attempt an AAF export, it throws certain clips off by a few frames this way or that way; not in a uniform manner that can be easily fixed in ProTools. I've tried unchecking all the options for render, embedding it, consolidating it, etc. When I open the export in either ProTools or bring into a new Avid project, audio clips have just gone willy nilly on me. A pair of clips on different tracks will no longer match up (I have mono tracks not stereo). The project is currently at 29.97.

It is possible that I have mixed frame rates, bit depths, etc within the sequence, jumped on after the mishmash. Any thoughts, suggestions or hilarious jokes to get me through the night shift?

Thanks, Rebecca

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: AAF Export throws frames off / out of sync - AVID MC 6.5.2
on Jul 11, 2013 at 2:24:11 am

Was there mixed frames rates in the timeline to start with? If so, there may be some +/- 1 or 2 frame adjustments happening in the timecode.

Michael

Return to posts index

Rebecca Sherwood
on Jul 12, 2013 at 2:26:33 am

Very good point, I looked into the FPS more closely and some are at 23.97, not the projects 29.97. They rebuilt the project recently in 29.97 and either missed some audio clips. Any suggestions on how to find / replace it?

Return to posts index

Nina Lucia
on Jul 20, 2013 at 12:08:20 am

As far as finding the clips, if you want to find all clips in the project that are at 23.98 you can show the FPS column and it will tell you the frame rate of the clips.

If you only want to see the audio used in the sequence, put the sequences in a bin and "Set Bin Display" to "Show Reference Clips". Then you'll see all the clips in those sequences. Display your FPS column and you'll see the frame rate. You can use copies of the sequences and get rid of the video tracks so there's less clips showing in there.

As to fixing it, I'm not sure about that. I don't see an option for changing the frame rate when you transcode on my system which is running 5.5.2.

Return to posts index

Rebecca Sherwood
on Jul 28, 2013 at 3:22:19 pm

I figured out that by clicking on the sequence in the bin, then transcoding it (audio only) it would create a new sequence with all the audio at the same framerate. Thanks for the assistance on figuring out how to locate the clips in the bins!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]