slow playback for 3 cam picture-in-picture clips

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don Mick
slow playback for 3 cam picture-in-picture clips
on Jul 10, 2013 at 3:06:23 pm

hello everybody!

my issue is as follows:

i have a 3 cam setup for a student project. i synched all the cams to the one audio from our single zoom via autosync in avid and then synced them all to have three video tracks (avid popup asking me if i wanted to group them). now, with my grouped video subclip, i mark it with 'T' and then overwrite it into a sequence. so that i may show the dailies to others in my group, i used blend > picture-in-picture to split the screen into 4 quadrants and fill 3 of them with cam's A, B, and C. that way, they can view all cams without the need to open more files. however, when all three effects are on the timeline, i get slow playback in the record monitor. it catches up after a moment. i am exporting now to see if it plagues the .mov files.

my specs are as follows

intel core 2 quad q6600 running at 3.2ghz
8gb of ram (4x2GB)
GTX 260
ga-ep45-ud3p
1000w PSU
avid Media composer 6.5.2

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
Re: slow playback for 3 cam picture-in-picture clips
on Jul 10, 2013 at 5:45:11 pm

The only suggestions I would have is to make sure you are not AMA linked and to try rendering the effects. You can always leave the effects off the timeline and go into multicam mode to see all 3 cams in the source monitor

Ricky

Return to posts index

Don Mick
Re: slow playback for 3 cam picture-in-picture clips
on Jul 10, 2013 at 8:20:19 pm

hey thanks! rendering the effect made this skipping go away. although it skips a short second in the playback, it could be the fact i'm using media drive on a raid 0 or using an old q6600.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]