FORUMS: list search recent posts

Big problem with title crawler

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan Howard
Big problem with title crawler
on Jul 9, 2013 at 5:19:44 pm

Hi
sorry to repost but here goes ... I have a big problem with an avid crawl that is behaving very strangely and my client is breathing down my neck ...

I have a long credit crawler, generated in Avid FX which appears or disappears depending on what the video quality setting is set to ... and this is not just when playing, this is also when the playback is paused...When yellow (low res) I can see the whole crawl albeit fuzzy low res, when yellow/green I can see the crawl from about 30 characters in, when fully green I can see from approx 80 characters in .... I'd assumed this was a render issue so rendered that section but the render is exactly the same, I've tried exporting that section, and the same thing happens as full res ie the crawl starts about 80 characters in ???
Any clues ??

Return to posts index

Pieter Viljoen
Re: Big problem with title crawler
on Jul 9, 2013 at 7:38:57 pm

Is that title crawl the only layer in the export?

Sometimes in a crunch I've just done a mixdown and the result was fine.

Return to posts index

Alan Howard
on Jul 9, 2013 at 7:43:04 pm

No unfortunately not.. I've got a 50% black strap behind it (also a title effect which is fine) and black "widescreen" bars on the top layer .. maybe too much for my laptop I guess..

Return to posts index

Pieter Viljoen
on Jul 9, 2013 at 7:44:45 pm

Usually not a fan of mixdowns but a while ago I was forced to output on a much older Mac Pro with an older version of Avid, and the only way it would export properly is if I did a mixdown. I haven't seen the problem since but I do know sometimes 6 has a problem exporting from the timeline. Have you tried an export from the bin?

Only other thing I can say is to duplicate the sequence and do a video mixdown.

Return to posts index

Alan Howard
on Jul 9, 2013 at 7:48:45 pm

I think that's my only option .... was hoping it was a bug with a workaround ...
thanks for your help Pieter

Return to posts index

Pieter Viljoen
on Jul 9, 2013 at 7:49:52 pm

I'd do a small test sequence first, I'm guessing that if there's a title crawl large enough to confound real time playback, your program is long enough to make a mixdown a huge pain.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]