FORUMS: list search recent posts

DNxHD QT's from Black Magic Camera - AMA Link in MC7

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tag Simler
DNxHD QT's from Black Magic Camera - AMA Link in MC7
on Jul 8, 2013 at 9:52:37 pm

Hey everyone,

I just got MC7 installed on my laptop (my first personal copy, I've been using 6 at work), and I'm having trouble AMA linking some Black Magic Camera files. They're 1080p 23.98 files using the DNxHD codec, QT wrapper.

MC7 has changed the function to AMA Link. I click on that, click on my files, and they come in with Matte Key at the beginning, and no picture or sound, but it looks like the timecode is coming in alright. Shouldn't I already have the QT AMA plugin installed? The Avid website says it's installed with the software. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: DNxHD QT's from Black Magic Camera - AMA Link in MC7
on Jul 8, 2013 at 11:34:19 pm

This came up during beta and the solution for now is to go to your IMPORT settings and "ignore alpha channel." I know it's not the most intuitive place to put AMA settings (as in not in the AMA settings), but it is the workaround for solving this particular issue. But there is still no metadata support other than file name and timecode.

I was able to grab the BMC Film LUT (if used) and imported into MC v7.

Michael

Return to posts index

Tag Simler
on Jul 9, 2013 at 1:07:40 am

Ah yes, that seemed to do the trick. Thanks! Playback is stuttering for me like crazy, even though I just reinstalled my OS and added some additional RAM. Might have to go back to the import method. Your help is greatly appreciated though, as it solves my original problem!

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Jul 9, 2013 at 1:42:35 am

Just do a consolidate from the AMA linked files. It should be as fast if not faster than an import as it is a copy. If it is a fast import, then it's probably a wash.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]