FORUMS: list search recent posts

AMA Export doesn't work!

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Narun Naron
AMA Export doesn't work!
on Jul 6, 2013 at 8:56:09 pm

hey folks,
i really need your help on this one. i am trying to export an AMA Sequence with subxlips in it (AMA files have already been successfully relinked). however when i try to export the sequence as "same as source" i get the folliwing error message.

the format of my project is right still it appears.

my offline material (source material) is prosres Hq
online material is dnxhd 185x

i want to get a pro res hq mov (without a gamma shift). do you have any suggestions?

thanks a lot in advance!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: AMA Export doesn't work!
on Jul 6, 2013 at 11:32:06 pm

You cannot export same as source with AMA footage. It has to be Avid media. Not sure if this changed in MC7....worth a test.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Fred Feuerstein
on Jul 7, 2013 at 11:54:19 am

Sorry, it's the first time I use AMA. What do you mean with AVID media? I really need the exported video to be in Apple ProRes. What would be the best way to achieve this?

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Jeff Kay
on Jul 8, 2013 at 10:07:31 pm

"Same as source" is a little misleading of a title. Remember that AVID evolved from an import only environment rather than the AMA or link based environment you can currently have and Premiere/Final Cut have long used. "Same as source" wants to export MXF media (AVID media) and that can only work if AVID already has the MXF media at hand.

You should be able to export as mov in prorez to get what you want. Though at times it is worth doing a MXF mixdown of your audio and video tracks and then exporting from that (which will let you export "same as source" if you want the export to be MXF).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]