FORUMS: list search recent posts

Personal Settings not going from Project to Project. (Why)

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Berch
Personal Settings not going from Project to Project. (Why)
on Jul 4, 2013 at 6:50:17 pm

I have set up Personal settings inside Avid MC 6.5 I moved Windows around, I set up to have my timeline start at 00:00:00:00 instead of 01:00:00:00, and I have made the fonts bigger in the bins so I can see the words better. I saved it and exited Avid.

I started a new project and notioced none of my settings opened up with the new project. It was back to the defaults.

Why? I want to be able to open up any project and have my settings open with it? I don't want to have to set them up everytime. How can I do this?

Thanks in advance.

MC 6.5

Return to posts index

Scott Cole
Re: Personal Settings not going from Project to Project. (Why)
on Jul 4, 2013 at 10:57:54 pm

Avid has 3 types of settings, "User," "Project," and "Site." The right most column in the Settings Window (actually the Settings Tab in the Project Window) indicate which kind each of the settings are. Project Settings get reset to the default each time you create a new project. If, however you want to define project settings to come up a specific way as a default, you can make them "site settings." First define all the project settings you desire to change. Then under the menu pulldown SPECIAL, you'll find an item called SITE SETTINGS. Click on that and a window will open up. Drag all the Project Settings you defined into that Site Settings window and those settings will be implemented every time you start a new project.

M. Scott Cole
Senior Post Production Editor
60 MINUTES
CBS News, NYC
sc6@cbsnews.com
mscottc@comcast.net

Return to posts index

Adam Berch
on Jul 5, 2013 at 12:02:57 am

Hi,

Thanks for that tip. Is there any way to save the font size in the bins so when I start a new project the font is the size 20 instead of 11?

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
on Jul 5, 2013 at 9:07:01 am

As a separate question.

Why would you prefer to have the timeline at oo,oo,oo,oo ??
Surely when you then add Bars and line up / clock pre ceeding the prog start tc youre in a problem world where your timeline cant accommodate?

Peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]