FORUMS: list search recent posts

Converting 1080i MXF in Streamclip to import into Avid?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Berch
Converting 1080i MXF in Streamclip to import into Avid?
on Jul 1, 2013 at 6:55:53 pm

I have a 3 25 minute clips that I want to import into Avid via AMA Linking. It worked fine with 2 of the clips but the 3rd one will not import for some reason. The 2 clips that worked, I transcoded using Target Resolution hdv 1080i MXF. (The footage was originally imported through FCP 7 from a Mini DV. It was shot and imported at HDV 1440 x 1080i.

Since it won't import through AMA, I want to try and run it through MPEG Streamclip so I can do a fast Import into Avid to see if that works.

I get to the settings in Mpeg Streamclip and there is no setting for 1440 x 1080i MXF. So how or what setting should I use to convert it so I can Fast Import it into Avid? I then plan on Transcoding it. Do I have to download something?

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Converting 1080i MXF in Streamclip to import into Avid?
on Jul 1, 2013 at 8:42:31 pm

Did you try "other" settings and enter your own X and Y? But I suspect a fast import will want to see 1920 x 1080 anyway. 1440 is a form of compression on the horizontal which gets stretched out to 1920. 1440 x 1080 looks like a squeezed 4:3 aspect ratio and gets turned into 16:9 when 1920 is applied. So decide where you want it done. It has to happen somewhere.

Michael

Return to posts index

chris king
Re: Converting 1080i MXF in Streamclip to import into Avid?
on Jul 12, 2013 at 3:19:19 am

I tried the MPEG Streamclip, when I hit the "conversion" button - I tried a couple different settings, all it seems to convert is the first frame. Even if the file says a clip is 123MB or 43 seconds long, etc. If you stick with the 1440 x 1080i MXF settings, you’d better try other MXF converter tool to transcode and even deinterlace your 1080i MXF files to fast import to your Avid program. Click here to get a quick fix(it’s for C300.

http://video-playback-tips.com/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]