FORUMS: list search recent posts

suddenly can't export QT refs???

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan Howard
suddenly can't export QT refs???
on Jun 28, 2013 at 12:02:21 pm

I'm halfway through a project and have been happily exporting QT refs into Sorenson to encode and send to client ..... Now, 20 minutes into the timeline, for some reason I get the "Calibrated Q" watermark over the footage when I export ... it's all the same footage, shot on the same day, on the same camera ..... If I go to anything on the timeline before approx 20 mins I can export that as a QT ref fine ... anything after has this water mark??
any ideas?? surely the license doesn't suddenly run out??
I found the Calibrated Q programme and it's asking for a serial number .. presumably it had one in the first place as I've not had this problem before ...

Help!

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
Re: suddenly can't export QT refs???
on Jun 28, 2013 at 1:39:45 pm

HI
Id not heard of "calibrated q" so on reading your post about your missing serial no., i had a look at their website.
Seems that a ser no is generated by eack user from within your calibrated q online account page. So youll need to get access to that, or pay again id think!

Of course the work around would be to do a video mixdown to a suitable res of your timeline and export a qt ref of that!. Calibrated q is only used as its an xdcam seq??
Peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Jun 29, 2013 at 3:07:30 pm

Sounds like you either had a demo version, or full version that wasn't properly registered so it was working in demo mode. In this instance, then yes it would "suddenly stop working"

Perhaps first have of the timeline was rendered with the demo still working, the second half rendered without?

No matter what the reason, the fault is not with Avid or the QT reference movie, you'll have to discuss it with Calibrated Q.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Alan Howard
on Jul 8, 2013 at 9:45:18 am

Thanks Glenn,
the really strange thing is the footage (which was originally from a Canon XF305) was "imported" into Avid... ie it has been re encoded as DNxHD... in which case when I output a QT ref it's not actually converting from XDCam (is it?? have I got that wrong??) I didn't bring the original footage into the project at all so I don't see why calibrated Q is needed ...

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Jul 8, 2013 at 2:00:02 pm

I am by no means an expert on Calibrated Q. I've only used it to view mxf files from within a quicktime player. I output Quicktime Reference movies all the time, and i don't have calibrated q on my system. There is obviously someting in your workflow that is using Q. You should be able to link to your canon footage without using Q, but perhaps Q was allowing you to do a direct import instead? Perhaps that direct import is simply a fast import that is re-wrapping the files? This might make it possible for the watermark to magically appear after the demo runs out.

Try downloading the latest AMA plugin for the Canon footage, ama linking to the files and then try your reference movie.

Again, not sure why Q is in the workflow at all.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Alan Howard
on Jul 8, 2013 at 8:41:36 pm

It's gone !! just output a ref and the section that had the watermark on is now fine ... weird ..
thanks for your input ... I think the devil, she is in my avid ...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]