FORUMS: list search recent posts

6.5.3 Okay?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Ober
6.5.3 Okay?
on Jun 27, 2013 at 11:25:54 pm

Hello Group,

Since I am not in the middle of something I thought now would be a good time to go to 6.5.3 . I am on 6.5.2.1 Symphony.

Anybody having issues with 6.5.3?

Is there a 7.x trial and will it coexist with 6.5.x?

Hope you make the right cuts,
Robert A. Ober

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: 6.5.3 Okay?
on Jun 28, 2013 at 2:19:56 am

Don't think you can have them co=exist, but you need the latest 6.x.x and 6.5.x to have project/bin compatibility with v7. There is a 30 day trial for v7.

Michael

Return to posts index

Robert Ober
on Jun 28, 2013 at 2:58:56 pm

[Michael Phillips] "Don't think you can have them co=exist, but you need the latest 6.x.x and 6.5.x to have project/bin compatibility with v7. There is a 30 day trial for v7."

Cool,

I think I will put the 7 trial on my notebook and see if I can move a project to 6.5.3.

Thanks,
Robert A. Ober

Return to posts index

Neil Goodman
on Jun 28, 2013 at 6:13:59 am

best build of 6\6.5 yet imo.. would definitely recommend if your on 6.5

stable and snappy, even on blackmagic hardware. Almost scared too try 7 now on account i only just got the 6.5 ive wanted for months.

Neil Goodman: Editor of New Media Production - The Esquire Network - NBC/Uni

Return to posts index

Robert Ober
on Jun 28, 2013 at 2:51:47 pm

[Neil Goodman] "best build of 66.5 yet imo.. would definitely recommend if your on 6.5

stable and snappy, even on blackmagic hardware. Almost scared too try 7 now on account i only just got the 6.5 ive wanted for months."

Thanks for that.

I am on 6.5.2.1 but had an odd occurrence with my P2 AVC-Intra100 media. From an existing Contents folder on a hard drive it did not want to AMA link or import. I was able to finally link to the video but then had to link to the audio separately. Interestingly, when I linked to the audio it populated the video clips with the audio as if I had brought them in together.

So anyway, I am curious to see if 6.5.3 behaves correctly with my P2 media. It has worked correctly in the past.

Hope you have a fun weekend,
Robert A. Ober

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]