FORUMS: list search recent posts

Subclipping with an effect in AVID

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Misty Talley
Subclipping with an effect in AVID
on Jun 26, 2013 at 4:39:45 pm

I've always used Final Cut 7 and recently started using AVID (2 weeks ago) on a feature that I am Asst. Editor on. Shot on RED Epic. The one thing that keeps coming up and I can't figure out is how to create a subclip that contains an effect. Specifically a post zoom. One of the cameras shot a few shots in the wrong aspect ratio and I have to do a minor punch in on a these shots while logging before sending to the editor. I successfully did that in the timeline using Effects > Image > Resize, but the issue is that I need to log it as a clip. It seems I can't create a subclip from the timeline, only subsequences which is not what the editor wants. And I can't double click the clip in the timeline to open it back up in the viewer as I would in final cut to subclip it from there.

Basically how can I apply this effect and retain it in a clip as opposed to a sequence?

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Subclipping with an effect in AVID
on Jun 26, 2013 at 11:43:18 pm

You can't until v7. In current versions, you can export the sequence as QT reference, re-import back in in and use that as your new source. You would need to log all the original metadata. You also want the sequence timecode to match source before exporting. Autsequence of the source clip will automate that for you.

Michael

Return to posts index

Misty Talley
Re: Subclipping with an effect in AVID
on Jun 26, 2013 at 11:52:05 pm

Thanks for the reply. I couldn't find that information anywhere on the web.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]