Snap to Edit on clip on V2 on a clip on V1

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Berch
Snap to Edit on clip on V2 on a clip on V1
on Jun 25, 2013 at 2:45:26 pm

Hi,

I'm working in Media Composer 6.5 for Mac

I have a clip in V1 on my timeline that is seven seconds long. I put a clip that is 9 seconds long right on top of that 7 second clip on V2. I want to get that 9 second clip on Track 2 to be 7 seconds like the clip beneath it. I know there are a few ways to do this, but I want to do it on the timeline.

Is there a way to take the end of that nine second clip on Track V2, go into Trim Mode, drag it to the left and make it snap to the edit of that seven second clip on track V1? I tried it and it did not work for me. The only way I could do it, is go the seven second mark on V2, Add Edit, then go into trim mode, drag it to the left until it snapped at the Add Edit point.

I'm trying not to have to do the Add Edit on track V2 and just have it snap to the edit on V1

Thnaks in advance

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Snap to Edit on clip on V2 on a clip on V1
on Jun 25, 2013 at 4:55:37 pm

Someone more clever than me might figure out a way to do this nicely in the dragging int the timeline only, but I would just trim off the last two seconds of the clip and align it. don't pay attention to the content. Match frame to bring it up in the source monitor and set a mark for where I want it to start or end...then mark clip on V2 and overwrite it. Quicker than it sounds.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Snap to Edit on clip on V2 on a clip on V1
on Jun 25, 2013 at 11:01:14 pm

Hold down the apple button on a mac should snap...not sure what it would be on windows.

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]