FORUMS: list search recent posts

Timewarp Setting advice needed.

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Skeris
Timewarp Setting advice needed.
on Jun 25, 2013 at 2:12:49 am

Hi,
I want to do a TimeWarp speed-up, say 6000-9000% and I want to make sure my footage remains at top quality, i.e. stays sharp and at fullest resolution. The shot is of the recent "Super Moon" about 16 mins. recorded at & for a 1080p, 23.976 project. Which TimeWarp render setting is best in this case?

I am concerned that Interpolated Field, Blended-Interpolated, Blended-VTR or the Fluid-Motions might actually soften each frame. Would Duplicated Field or Both Fields or VTR-Style be a little sharper, or better? Which one to use?

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Timewarp Setting advice needed.
on Jun 25, 2013 at 2:20:48 am

I would really try a small section with each of them. I don't know if I would do a field based motion effect in a progressive project. But only testing will tell.

Michael

Return to posts index

Matthew Skeris
on Jun 25, 2013 at 3:01:43 am

Thanks Michael, I don't really have decent monitoring on my software-only system, so I am
relying on a technical reason to go with one mode or another.

If you think field-based is a bad move, I guess that
leaves me with the Blended choices. A small test is
a good idea, especially if I can mixdown & then pull out single frames to inspect.

Maybe this is overkill- I just don't know. I want the final shot to be around 5-15 seconds.

Return to posts index

Bill Ravens
on Jun 25, 2013 at 2:21:32 am

I would suggest that whatever you do, make it an even multiple of your native frame speed, like 10x, 15x, etc.

Return to posts index

Matthew Skeris
on Jun 25, 2013 at 3:07:30 am

Okay, Thanks Bill. I should be able to do that with
a calculator.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]