dvora Jami
avid media composer relinking dnx36 to ama
on Jun 23, 2013 at 6:16:42 pm

does someone have a tutorial guide of how to go from offline to online

i linked to ama transcoded the ama to dnx 36

put it on a separte bin the same for like 30 card

then i have edited on the dnx 36

i have my sequence i hided the avid media files so the dnx goes offline

and now when i try to rlink it said it didnt relink to any clip i cant open the 30 bin of the ama camera its too much for the computer

i'm using avid media composer 6.5 on windows when i want to relink theres no such thing as relink to ama there .

i have edited with the files that are .new will it make a problem i read on forums that it wont recognize the ama because the name is .new

how can i resolve it cause i rewally have to give my editing tomorrow and i still havent figure out how to do the online

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: avid media composer relinking dnx36 to ama
on Jun 23, 2013 at 7:16:01 pm

[dvora Jami] "i have edited with the files that are .new will it make a problem i read on forums that it wont recognize the ama because the name is .new
"

This is bullshit that keeps getting repeated on various forums. Its totally fine to edit with the ".new" files..in fact thats what you are supposed to do. Avid does not relink by clip name anyway, so you can rename them to whatever you want and it makes no difference. The only issue relinking is when you transcode AND change the frame rate. You will get a warning that you can't relink. Does the original media match the frame rate of the transcoded files?

In 6.5, the relink dialog has changed and has many more options, which can be confusing. You want to relink selected items in open bins. Select the sequence, then select all the items in the bin(s). You can also change the default setting to link based on file name, which is sometimes helpful. Make the file names visible in your bin headings.

You do not need to open all 30 bins at ones, just do a few at a time until your entire sequence is relinked.

Return to posts index

dvora Jami
on Jun 23, 2013 at 7:28:25 pm

thank u i will check to see how it works should i select the master clips or the ama ?
and also one of the thing we did was to rename the set label of the ama and the transcode the same name for example
day 1 cam a1
so the disk label of all the ama and the trancoded of day 1 cam a1 has the same disk label someone told me it should be one of the way to match between transcoded clip and ama
do u know about that and how i should make it work ?

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Jun 24, 2013 at 2:53:35 pm

Haven't used Disk Label for linking myself, but its one of the choices you can use in the relink dialog. Sounds like it should work, but I've not done it myself. You can also cross match different metadata to relink in v6.5. It's very powerful but a little confusing and not well documented.

Relink to the AMA clip. Leave your transcoded master clips alone. You many need to refer to the offline. Just link a copy of your sequence to the AMA clips/media.

You should make file name column visible in your bins. That column is not on by default, but you can change that. If you have to troubleshoot, its easy to tell what file the new clip was transcoded from. Yes...the transcoded master clip remembers the file it was transcoded from!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]