FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing media into MC 6.5

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Victor Vazquez
Importing media into MC 6.5
on Jun 23, 2013 at 1:44:33 am

Hello,

I am very new to using Avid (I'm using Media Composer 6.5) and I'm not able to import any media into my bins.

When I try to import, the message "There are no media drives available. You will only be able to import shot logs." appears. Then when I go to the Select files to Import dialog and select a media file to import, either nothing happens or the message "You cannot import this file into a bin. See the documentation for information about transferring media files." appears.

Why am I not able to import these media files into the bins? And how can I go about to import them into the bins?

Thanks,
Victor Vazquez

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Importing media into MC 6.5
on Jun 23, 2013 at 3:29:35 am

Make sure your drive have read/write permissions.

Michael

Return to posts index

Victor Vazquez
on Jun 23, 2013 at 4:07:44 pm

Hi Michael,

When I open the program the message "No media can be written to any mounted drive. Please check write permissions." appears. I'm wondering how I can change these settings. When I click Get Info on my drives, it appears that I already have read and write privileges.

Thanks,
Victor

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Jun 23, 2013 at 4:15:04 pm

If OSX, I know it resets read/write after a "check permission" is done from disk utility. I would start the process again - in disk utility, check permissions. Once complete, get info on drive and set read/write for everyone.

Michael

Return to posts index

Victor Vazquez
on Jun 23, 2013 at 5:36:59 pm

I verified and repaired disk permissions then added read and write privileges for everyone, yet the program still cannot import media.

Thanks,
Victor

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Jun 23, 2013 at 10:57:13 pm

Hmmm... This happened to me once, but I can't remember exactly why it started working again. Check media creation settings and make sure none of the drive filtering is on.

Michael

Return to posts index

Victor Vazquez
on Jun 23, 2013 at 11:49:18 pm

I have all of the Drive Filtering and Indexing setting unchecked.

Thanks,
Victor

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Jun 24, 2013 at 12:56:26 am

I'm running out of ideas... perhaps try uninstalling and reinstalling the software?

Michael

Return to posts index

Victor Vazquez
on Jun 24, 2013 at 2:38:41 am

The problem was that the program wasn't recognizing my Mac Hard Drive as a drive. Now I'm using an external HD and AVID MC is up and running :)

Thanks,
Victor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]