FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cuts look awful...

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Tuck
Cuts look awful...
on Jun 17, 2013 at 6:37:48 pm

I'm editing a sitcom pilot that was shot on DSLR, 1080p, 25fps, in MC6 and almost every cut sticks out like a sore thumb - it looks like parts of one frame carrying over to the next.

I've done some field order research but not sure if this is an issue as my original footage is progressive.

I first thought this was a playback issue but when I export I have the same bad cuts - almost flicker like - but the rest of the time the footage looks fine.

I imported DNxHD (1080p) and have been outputting QT H.264 files.

Any help/advice would be hugely appreciated as this is a massive project at this stage in career.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Cuts look awful...
on Jun 17, 2013 at 8:08:45 pm

Did you verify that the sources are truly 25p and you are in a 25p project? In the sequence, there are no green dots on the clips? When you say flicker, is it more like an interlace artifact or the typical 24/25 type flicker you get with the frame rate in general on interlace monitors?

Michael

Return to posts index

Tom Tuck
on Jun 21, 2013 at 6:33:08 pm

Hi Michael, thanks for the reply.

I checked the clips before import with a right-click, properties to check the frame rate - it said 25fps.

No green dots - the footage looks great apart from this issue on my cuts. I don't know if flicker is the best word to describe what i'm seeing but it does like an interlace issue.

I am currently converting my whole project to a Mac as a desperate attempt to fix this.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Jun 21, 2013 at 8:06:56 pm

I don't see how PC or Mac affects such an issue, but I always remain open to being surprised.

If you export sequential JPEGs from around an edit point, do you see it there as well?

Michael

Return to posts index

Tom Tuck
on Jun 21, 2013 at 10:18:32 pm

Yeah, the PC to Mac conversion was desperation, didn't work!

J-PEG sequence looked just the same.

I've just adjusted the levels on a couple of clips, exported it and looked a bit better.

I've not checked all of the sequences but it seems to be when cutting to a brighter shot that this occurs.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]