FORUMS: list search recent posts

6.0 Activation Issues

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Crenshaw
6.0 Activation Issues
on Jun 17, 2013 at 5:21:26 pm

Just upgraded to 6.0 and activated without the dongle to meet a deadline. Now I'm having issues getting the license transferred to the dongle.

When I try to exchange the activation code for an .avd file the system says Activation Code is already consumed. Is this because I activated without the dongle? Do I need to deactivate and then try the exchange again?

Mark

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: 6.0 Activation Issues
on Jun 17, 2013 at 7:22:51 pm

Avid support is very good about activation issues...you should give them a call.

Everyone loves the cow, but this really should be your first move.

If that's not working for you, you should contact

marianna_montague@avid.com

She's beloved fixer of the Avid community.

Return to posts index

Mark Crenshaw
on Jun 17, 2013 at 8:00:25 pm

Thanks.

Their answer was basically "too bad". Once I activated by software it made the dongle useless.

Mark

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Jun 19, 2013 at 6:06:34 pm

I don't think your dongle is useless. You should be able to transfer any activation over to a dongle, as long as you are willing to commit that dongle to that license. They may warn you that the dongle will not be available for its old system anymore, but i don't think that will concern you in this situation.

It is the same as you paying 300 dollars for a dongle and calling support and saying "i want this license on a dongle now!" They should just say "OK- whats the dongle number"

Glenn

Return to posts index

Mark Crenshaw
on Jun 19, 2013 at 6:16:13 pm

Hmmm. I wonder why the guy I spoke with didn't offer that. I asked several times to make sure we both understood the situation and he kept telling me the dongle could not be used once the activation had been made thru software.

Thanks for the helpful info. I may try again with another support person.

Mark

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]