FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion Editor defaults to Blended Interpolated for AMA files.

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marc Poirier
Motion Editor defaults to Blended Interpolated for AMA files.
on Jun 17, 2013 at 4:43:33 pm

Hi, I am experiencing a technical problem.. I have 13 show done in animation, 24fps, put on a 23.98 timeline... The AMA clips have a motion effect applied to them with the blended interpolation effect... I am trying to change this to "Both field" to get rid of the motion blur going on, but it won't let me change it on the whole timeline at a time, I have to do it clip by clip!!! and by default the "ignore render settings" is checked, so no need to see it doesn't use my render settings... is this a bug? is there a way to apply a motion effect setting to the whole timeline?

thx

Marc.

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Motion Editor defaults to Blended Interpolated for AMA files.
on Jun 18, 2013 at 2:56:49 pm

Looks like Avid is applying a Motion Adapter automatically because your frame rate does not match your project frame rate. Blended Interpolated is the default for Motion Adapters. I don't think you can change it.

You can make Avid import ignoring the QuickTime frame rate. It will do a frame for frame import with no interpolation but it will change duration.

See here:

http://paul-sampson.ca/AVIDSupport/AVID%20Console%20Commands.pdf

Can you not create animations @ 24.976 if you intend to edit in that environment?

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Motion Editor defaults to Blended Interpolated for AMA files.
on Jun 18, 2013 at 2:59:16 pm

My above post is for straight importing, not AMA.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]