FORUMS: list search recent posts

AVID invalid argument error

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicholas VanVoorthuysen
AVID invalid argument error
on Jun 16, 2013 at 10:26:15 pm

Hello,

I have just started an AE position, I've transcoded a few days of footage, and am syncing with audio into subclips using Avid Symphony 6.

At some point during my syncing, the bins refused to save anymore... I get this error message:

"Exception: Invalid Argument filename:xxxxxx.wrt"

where xxxxxx is the name of the new bins I am trying to save. This is especially worrying because I can't close Avid without a forcing a quit, and I am having another issue with not being able to eject another backup drive... So I want to restart the system but am very hesitant to force close Avid!

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: AVID invalid argument error
on Jun 16, 2013 at 11:26:37 pm

Are you on Unity or ISIS? Can you move the clips to another bin and save?

Michael

Return to posts index

Nicholas VanVoorthuysen
on Jun 17, 2013 at 12:26:28 am

This is low budget...

I'm on a macbook pro 2.8 GHz, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 512 MB

I did try to create new bins and I got a similar message, it wouldn't create the bins and gave an invalid argument message.

Since then I got a "segmentation fault" error message and Symphony just crashed and quit on it's own.

I shut down and gave the drives and system a rest, then started up again; I lost several of the syncs but things seem to be working again for now and I can save the bins... I have a feeling it was something with the drives but really can't say. I'm just hoping it won't happen again, so if anyone has any thoughts for prevention I'm all ears...

Thanks for your reply Michael.

Return to posts index

Tina Hedegaard
on Jun 18, 2013 at 4:34:06 pm

I've experienced this error when someone had done something to the path where the project is, then avid cannot find the project.

Thanks

Tina Hedegaard
Editor | Assisting Editor
Final Cut Pro 7 | Media Composer 5.5.3/6.0.3 | Adobe Premiere Pro CS6
Mac OS 10.6.8| Mac OS 10.7.4 | Mac OS 10.8.2

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]