FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video track not visible, but content on Video track is

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tj Alston
Video track not visible, but content on Video track is
on Jun 12, 2013 at 2:18:07 pm

Hello everyone,

I have run across and an interesting bug that I hope someone has a fix for. I am working on a Unity system with a number of networked computers, each of which is running MC 5.5.3.4. One of my editors finished working on a sequence that has 8 video tracks. When I open it on my Avid only 7 tracks are visible. When I add a new track for BITC Track 9 appears. When I scrub through the sequence the clips that are supposed to be on Track 8 are still visible on the monitor, but I can not see the clips in the timeline. That tells me that Track 8 is still there, but I just can't see it.

Also of note: when I export a video quicktime reference the video on track 8 is exported and visible, but the when I export a Video AAF for the online house only the video from tracks 1 through 7 are exported.

If you have come across this issue before please let me know how you resolved it. Thank you!

- Tj

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
Re: Video track not visible, but content on Video track is
on Jun 12, 2013 at 3:23:39 pm

Is the video visible when parked at position? Are the tracks rendered? Avid Media rendered? Is the "monitor" highlighted for the upper most video track?

Ricky

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Jun 12, 2013 at 8:38:32 pm

I think he is saying that avid's timeline is not showing the existence of a V8 track, not that he can't see the video on the track.

Maybe kill your site settings. I don't think you can hide a track...unless it was made so small with the control /resize with the mouse that it is there but you can't see it.

Hold your ctrl button at the gap between V7 and V9 and try expanding one or both of them out. Maybe it is somehow just really really small?

Glenn

Return to posts index

Michael Hancock
on Jun 12, 2013 at 8:44:59 pm

Go to the timeline fast menu (lower left hand corner) and poke around to see if someone unchecked showing V8.

You can choose which tracks to show - I'm not in front of a system right now so I can't give you a detailed idea of what to look for, but it's in the timeline fast menu.

----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]