FORUMS: list search recent posts

Strange Audio Issue, .mxf's from Canon xf100

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Verdi
Strange Audio Issue, .mxf's from Canon xf100
on Jun 5, 2013 at 10:31:47 pm

It was a typical shoot at a live event until we had to switch microphones; for the first half of the day we used an on-board mic and later on switched to a single lav while performing interviews. During the shoot itself I was picking up fine levels, hearing fine playback, and even while reviewing the clips on the XF100, the audio was crystal clear.

However, back in the editing room, I've run into an issue- the clips using the on-board microphone have fine audio, whereas those shot using the lavalier have none... the entire contents wrapper is present, and audio is present when playing these clips back through the camera, but once they're on my Windows 7 AVID MC 6.5.2 machine, I can't hear anything- I've played them through VLC media player, converted them to .mov's, dropped them into AVID's media files/mxf/1 directory all to no avail.

This problem is causing quite the headache and I was wondering if anyone could possibly shed some light on the issue!

Return to posts index

Robert Verdi
Re: Strange Audio Issue, .mxf's from Canon xf100
on Jun 6, 2013 at 10:07:20 pm

I've managed to link the clips directly into avid through the cf card in the xf100 via a usb connection with the audio working excellently- I test exported a clip and it worked fine.

It would seem the issue with the original files being copied to my hard drive is that the second audio track on all the files is missing or muted- is this something that is common with .mxf's or something I'm over looking in their design? I'm a bit of a novice so please forgive my ignorance.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]