FORUMS: list search recent posts

consolidating pix 240 Dnxclips

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Jeffs
consolidating pix 240 Dnxclips
on Jun 3, 2013 at 10:51:24 pm

I am running into a interesting issue and I wonder if anyone else has had this. we have a bunch of clips that were shot with a Sony f3 set to 1080i60 to a Sound device Pix 240. All of the clips were shot on the same day and the pix was set to same as source DNxHD 145 MOV for recording. I have AMA linked the clips in and are trying to consolidate them to my Avid Media Files. Some of them consolidate no problem while other come up with the error in the console that the file can't be consolidated because it contains a foreign compression type. Thing is they are from the same day of shooting and the same recorder coming from the same camera.

Any thoughts? anyone have similar issues?

Runing MC 6.5 on Windows 7 and Mac osx mountain lion.

Mike Jeffs
Video Coordinator
BYU-Idaho

Return to posts index

Bill Ravens
Re: consolidating pix 240 Dnxclips
on Jun 3, 2013 at 11:59:13 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHA....
sorry to laugh. Mostly because you've encountered the same issue I've had. Numerous postings on the Avid forum has yielded no joy. Media Composer/Symphony can't even AMA its own DNxHD format without having problems, exactly as you've described. I went around with the good folks at Sound devices, for a while, but, it's an Vvid problem that has yet to be fixed.

Return to posts index

Richard Sanchez
on Jun 4, 2013 at 12:29:02 am

Instead of AMAing, have you tried importing? Since they're DNxHD 145, if you set your import settings to match they should fast import.

Richard Sanchez
Los Angeles, CA

"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution." - Bill Hicks

Return to posts index

Bill Ravens
on Jun 4, 2013 at 12:37:04 am

The WHOLE philosophy is to AMA full length files, then CONSOLIDATE only the part of the clips that I want to be used. Thereby conserving disk space and render time.

Return to posts index

Mike Jeffs
on Jun 4, 2013 at 1:01:51 am

Yes I could fast import but in speed test I've done consolidating is faster then both fast import or transcode. And a lot of time we work with media like xdcam which can't fast import but can consolidate. Also when I teach my student crew it's helpful to not have to have to many workflows for the new ones to have to remember, and by remember I mean forget :)

But it's good to know we are not the only ones that have issues with the sound devices. And if there is no fix then I guess we will have to have multiple workflows.

Thanks

Mike Jeffs
Video Coordinator
BYU-Idaho

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
on Jun 4, 2013 at 11:15:02 am

We have had no problems with our Pix240, however we are on MC 6.0.3 - we are about to upgrade to 6.5 then on to 7 ---- makes me wonder if it isn't a version flaw and makes me hesitant now about upgrading!

Ricky

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]