FORUMS: list search recent posts

Upgrade from Xpress Pro to MC5.x

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Crenshaw
Upgrade from Xpress Pro to MC5.x
on May 31, 2013 at 5:07:46 pm

We have a MC Nitris 5.5 suite and a FCP suite. We are changing over our FCP suite to Avid to make logging and project management more seamless. We have a license for Xpress Pro on PC and we would like to buy the upgrade to MC5.x and run it on the Mac. I've tested with our current 5.x and dongle and I know the Mac OS and QT are correct. MC5.0 runs great.

Before I pull the trigger on the purchase of the upgrade, I want to make sure I understand the process...haven't dealt with Avid in years. As I understand it, we would register the upgrade, and then reversion our Xpress Pro dongle to run MC5.x Mac.

Sound like the right path to take?

Mark

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
Re: Upgrade from Xpress Pro to MC5.x
on May 31, 2013 at 6:07:34 pm

Yes, purchase upgrade and re-version or blast the dongle - the dongle is not specific to MAC or PC - works on both.

Ricky

Return to posts index

Mark Crenshaw
on May 31, 2013 at 6:13:59 pm

Thanks!

Can you explain the difference between re-version and blasting? I've used the re-version files in the past but I'm not familiar with blasting the dongle.

Mark

Return to posts index

Mark Crenshaw
on Jun 2, 2013 at 4:30:06 pm

New plan.

I've had some trouble finding an affordable 5.x upgrade so I thought I would pursue another route and upgrade both rooms in the process.

My plan would be to move my current 5.x and dongle to the Mac laptop we tested on. Buy a 6.x upgrade, which states it will upgrade from Xpress Pro, re-version the Xpress Pro dongle and install 6.x and the dongle in the main Avid room and take advantage of the 64bit version. The z800 is already running Win7 Pro 64bit.

Does this sound like a good plan?

Mark

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
on Jun 3, 2013 at 12:40:47 pm

When you update dongle you will typically run a "versioner" file - re-version and blasting is the same thing.

Ricky

Return to posts index

Mark Crenshaw
on Jun 3, 2013 at 3:20:33 pm

Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]