FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mapping keyboard in Avid MC 6 using Command (Apple) Key?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Berch
Mapping keyboard in Avid MC 6 using Command (Apple) Key?
on May 31, 2013 at 3:46:14 pm

Hi,

I want to be able to zoom in and out of the timeline by pressing the Commnd Key (or Apple Key) plus the + or - key on my numeric keypad on the right side of keyboard (not the numbers on top of my keyboard).

Is there a way I can do this in Media Composer 6?

I did it in FCP 7 without a problem.

Thanks

Mac Pro

Media Composer 6

Return to posts index

Michael Hancock
Re: Mapping keyboard in Avid MC 6 using Command (Apple) Key?
on May 31, 2013 at 4:24:27 pm

You can't do that. I don't think you can map the number pad at all, actually. You can map the rest of the keyboard without modifiers, though, or map the keyboard with the Shift modifier. You can't map Option or Cmd modifiers like you can in FCP.

----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Return to posts index

Timothy Miller
Re: Mapping keyboard in Avid MC 6 using Command (Apple) Key?
on Jun 9, 2013 at 1:19:35 am

But you use the shortcuts for 'more detail' 'less detail' 'show entire sequence' which are in the timeline bottom left hamburger menu (respectively cmd ] cmd [ and cmd /) or you can patch them to any key of your keyboard using the command palette you find in tools (cmd 3) activating 'menu to button' reassignment.
I personally have these three mapped to f1 f2 and f3 as I constantly use them. So while my right hand is dealing with the mouse, my left hand is positioned over the keyboard resizing the timeline as need arises which happens to be very often.
Mapping commands to the keyboard (using shift enables you to use a whole new set of keys) really transforms your work and makes things much faster. But you probably know that already...
Cheers,
Timothy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]