COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fred Gasc
Gmasks
on May 28, 2013 at 9:21:58 pm

Hi,

I normaly use the paint-effect in coordination with the spectramatte
for my Gmasks.

I've heard that some people are using the animatte instead of the paint-effect to do that.
But I really don't understand the benefit of using the animatte because with the paint-effect we got direct access to the trackers.

What's the advantage to use the animatte over the paint-effect for Gmasks? Can't see it but maybe I miss something.

Thanks.

Fred.

Return to posts index

James Beattie
Re: Gmasks
on May 28, 2013 at 10:28:13 pm

animatte and paint effect came in at the same time with Avid media composer 7.0 and ABVB. I think they are the same thing, except that animatte is more suited for keying out.

I thought they both had trackers.

James Beattie
ACSR Elite/Avid ACI, Apple Certified Technician

Consulting for Workflow and Digital Technologies at Comprehensive Technical Group

Return to posts index

Fred Gasc
on May 28, 2013 at 10:51:23 pm

Thanks James
Yes, the animatte has tracker too. But can't picture if there is really any advantage on using it over the paint effect. (or vice-versa in the end)

It seems that there are 2 schools on Gmasks. The ones like me who have been used to mask with the paint-effect, and the ones who prefer using the animatte. Both do the job on Gmasks, but is there a reason (or situation) to prefer one over the other?

Fred.

Return to posts index

James Beattie
on May 29, 2013 at 12:56:12 pm

In the days when I used to demo this for Avid customers, the general rule of thumb was if you want to paint or clone or blur on a frame, you use paint. If you want to key or use it as a transition, you use the Animatte. After that, if either tool provides you the effect you need, I think it is editor's choice.

James Beattie
ACSR Elite/Avid ACI, Apple Certified Technician

Consulting for Workflow and Digital Technologies at Comprehensive Technical Group

Return to posts index

Fred Gasc
on May 29, 2013 at 10:30:26 pm

Thanks James.
You answered my question.

Fred.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]