FORUMS: list search recent posts

MC 6.5.2 crashing while transcoding: "Segmentation fault" in thread "MainThread"

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Meg Twomey
MC 6.5.2 crashing while transcoding: "Segmentation fault" in thread "MainThread"
on May 28, 2013 at 4:55:20 pm

I'm on a brand new iMac with OS 10.8.3.
I'm currently transcoding 720x480 NTSC dv 29.97 QTs in a 1080p 23.98 project using the DNX36 codec.

Transcoding keeps crashing out, even after updating the MC software to 6.5.2.1. I am getting the "Segmentation fault" error and also this one:

SWDecodeCvtr::Execute Request()
CONSISTENCY CHECK FAILURE !?! : []

Any suggestions? Does anyone know if this is a result of using Mac OS 10.8.3?

I have a lot of different formats as we are using archival footage from US and elsewhere. So I will need to do the same with the following formats:

PAL 720X576 25fps
NTSC dv 720x486 23.98fps
NTSC dv 720x480 23.98fps
NTSC dv 720x480 29.97

Any help is appreciated!

Return to posts index

Noah Todd
Re: MC 6.5.2 crashing while transcoding: "Segmentation fault" in thread "MainThread"
on May 29, 2013 at 12:40:11 pm

I can suggest two things.

1) In your project window under the info tab try clear bin memory. It will close all your bins and you may even want to try restarting the software. Then try your transcode again.

2) Under Media Creation settings in Drive Filtering & Indexing check all three boxes. Filter Network Drives, Filter out System Drive, Filter out launch drive.

Hope that helps.
Noah

---
Noah Todd
info [at] noahtodd.com
http://www.noahtodd.com

Return to posts index

Ryan Kavanagh
Re: MC 6.5.2 crashing while transcoding: "Segmentation fault" in thread "MainThread"
on May 30, 2013 at 2:16:19 pm

Did you try to bring the video in by via "AMA linking" then transcoding the video clips once they are in a bin? That method typically encounters far less errors. By the way, if you do bring the video files in this way it is a good idea to keep the original AMA linked clips in your project in a bin somewhere.

Return to posts index

Kevin P McAuliffe
on May 30, 2013 at 7:06:30 pm

Also, don't forget to update to the current version of MC, 6.5.2.1, which might solve your problem.

Kevin P McAuliffe
Creative COW Leader
kevinpmcauliffe@gmail.com
Twitter: @kpmcauliffe

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]