FORUMS: list search recent posts

save tracker into bin

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fred Gasc
save tracker into bin
on May 23, 2013 at 5:39:57 pm

Hi,
Is it possible to save tracker results into a bin like we can do for fx ?

I'm experimenting a compositing within Avid in wich I would normaly use my Boujou (it's to integrate a character within a moving scene but no green screen nor markers).
Got the feeling that a lot can be done without roundtripping but so far can't get optimum results on the subject matching the moving cam Background (actor is an IS with alpha).
I have the mediums to do that outside Avid in a compo app, but I'm testing a no-roundtripping workflow, so please, don't jump on me saying that Avid is not the right tool for that, I know it, but I'm convinced that this app is capable of a lot and that way, just use the compo apps only when absolutly necesarly. I'm close but not there yet. Need more practises and investigation.
Any tip very welcome.
If I find a solid way, I'll report here.
Fred.

Return to posts index

James Beattie
Re: save tracker into bin
on May 28, 2013 at 11:31:40 am

Copying the tracking data is a bit tricky. The best thing to do would be to take the little effect Icon in your Effects editor and drag it to your bin. Now you have an effect with the tracking info embedded.

Then go to your new object, and drag the effect to the tracker area in the effect you want to copy to. That should copy the tracker info.

James Beattie
ACSR Elite/Avid ACI, Apple Certified Technician

Consulting for Workflow and Digital Technologies at Comprehensive Technical Group

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]