FORUMS: list search recent posts

Timelapse 1:1 Mov frame is pushed right when imported in to Avid and the right hand area of frame that is cut off as a result, appears in the void on the left

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jimmy See
Timelapse 1:1 Mov frame is pushed right when imported in to Avid and the right hand area of frame that is cut off as a result, appears in the void on the left
on May 23, 2013 at 3:56:55 am

It's really hard describing this without seeing it. Basically, I couldn't find a satisfactory way of creating timelapses in Avid from stills. The available options would produce results that either stretched the 4:3 stills or pillarboxed them. As Avid forces a 1920x1080 pipeline and won't allow images that are larger than the project resolution to be imported, I had to go with an external program, VirtualDub which would create a 1920x1080 avi file from my stills by simply cropping the top and bottom off while resizing to enforce a 16:9 frame with no distortion.

This was fine although a pain in the arse because virtual dub's only export format I could work with was uncompressed and then avid still wouldn't recognise it so I had to use adobe media encoder to make it in to an Avid 1:1 mov file which I could then import in to avid. This has been working pretty well though except for one thing. Twice now out of 4 timelapses, the frame gets altered at the Avid import stage.

The frame gets pushed right, leaving a vertical void on the left which is filled by the part of the frame that would ordinarily have been occupying the right side of the screen. This means my image has a thin strip of the right most extremity of the frame followed by most of the rest of the frame displayed normally, except that a small part of the right side is cut off.

I've actually been able to confirm what circumstances this will happen under and it's whenever the importing in to avid is done by transcoding the mov file after its' been AMA linked, a straight import works fine, but why does this happen?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]