FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion Tracking an image that starts off screen - MC 6

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frank Bokoski, Jr.
Motion Tracking an image that starts off screen - MC 6
on May 22, 2013 at 7:02:32 pm

I have an animated lower third I found at Videoblocks. The animation starts off screen and slides straight up and then at the end it slides offscreen. I want to motion track a logo on the animation. Since it's a straight up and down action I thought just keyframing the logo to go straight up in the beginning then down at the end would work but I'm having a very hard time getting the keyframes to match up with the animation. So I thought I'd try motion tracking. I've never used motion tracking from within Media Composer and I found a couple of tutorials which were very nice but none of them explain how to start tracking an image that begins offscreen. How do I do that?

Thanks

1615, The GC Media Project
http://www.1615.tv

Return to posts index

Richard Sanchez
Re: Motion Tracking an image that starts off screen - MC 6
on May 22, 2013 at 7:12:33 pm

Manually. Keyframe by hand. For that kind of motion tracking, I'll generally go out of Avid in After Effects to use Mocha. Despite that, things starting or ending out of frame generally involve some manual tracking.

Richard Sanchez
Los Angeles, CA

"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution." - Bill Hicks

Return to posts index

David Powell
on May 22, 2013 at 7:37:58 pm

Keframe the first part then set the reference frame to when it comes on screen and can be tracked, when it flies off screen you can manually set the trackers for the last part by stretching them to one straight path and deleting all the unnecessary data points.

Return to posts index

Frank Bokoski, Jr.
on May 22, 2013 at 8:08:28 pm

Richard and David,

Thanks for the replies. For now I'm just going to manually keyframe as Richard suggests. I've done this type of keyframe tracking many many times but for some reasaon getting the logo to line up against this animation is unusually difficult.

Thanks again.

1615, The GC Media Project
http://www.1615.tv

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]