FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trying to export timeline same as source (Pro Res) but it keeps getting transcoded to DNxHD

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Henry Barrial
Trying to export timeline same as source (Pro Res) but it keeps getting transcoded to DNxHD
on May 22, 2013 at 3:21:12 pm

I've done this dozens of times and all of a sudden I'm having these giant files exported that turn up in DNxHD. I don't know how or why this is happening. My source is not DNxHD. So how can same as source change it to DNxHD?

System specs:
2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
4 GB 800 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM

Running Avid Media Composer 6.0.1

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Trying to export timeline same as source (Pro Res) but it keeps getting transcoded to DNxHD
on May 22, 2013 at 5:36:39 pm

Avid only exports Avid codecs as same-as-source. It can't do this if you are using ProRes, even if its ProRes MXF. ProRes isn't an Avid codec.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
Re: Trying to export timeline same as source (Pro Res) but it keeps getting transcoded to DNxHD
on May 22, 2013 at 6:07:00 pm

It certainly can export ProRes Same As Source on v6.5. not sure about v6, but I thought it could.
If it does export as DNxHD, I'm suspecting that some title or render is in DNxHD. Same As Source exports only work if all media for that sequence in one and the same resolution.
For instance, if I have a DNxHD36 sequence with just one title at DNxHD175, the whole thing will end up in 175 when I export Same As Source.

Return to posts index

Henry Barrial
on May 23, 2013 at 2:34:14 pm

I think this is what's happening. I've had it with this whole ProRes/DNxHD BS. I've been exporting 4444 ProRes just fine for months and now it decides to switch settings because somewhere in my timeline I'm sure there is a piece of transcoded something or other to DNxHD? I'm sure that's what's happened too, because I've just spent some time transcoding a sequence so I could create an AAF. I was one of the stupid ones who bought into all the AMA linking talk. Since AMA linking will block one's ability to export an AAF, I was forced to transcode the reels into DNxHD.

I'm in puratory for sure. But thanks for your help!

Henry

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]