FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pan and Zoom

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sandy shapiro
Pan and Zoom
on May 21, 2013 at 7:17:09 pm

Hi,

Is there way to make a straight path line rather than a curved move in Avid's Pan and Zoom?

For instance, I add a keyframe on position "A" then zoom and place another keyframe on position "B" then move the Y position, and I get a strange curved move into the "B" position rather than a straight camera move. Ease in and out shouldn't affect this move.

I can do the exact same command using "Resize" and it gives me a straight line path/move. Not sure why it's not possible using Pan and Zoom.

Any insight is truly appreciated.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Kevin P McAuliffe
Re: Pan and Zoom
on May 22, 2013 at 4:31:26 am

Hey Sandy,

Check out my tutorial here on the Cow on Avid's Pan & Zoom Effect, and hopefully it will answer any question you might have. If it doesn't, post back, and I'll see what I can do to help.

http://library.creativecow.net/mcauliffe_kevin/Avid-Media-Composer_70/1

Kevin P McAuliffe
Creative COW Leader
kevinpmcauliffe@gmail.com
Twitter: @kpmcauliffe

Return to posts index

sandy shapiro
on May 22, 2013 at 9:29:37 pm

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the response and tutorial. If you'll notice your first picture in the tutorial, the move isn't a straight line - it sort of swoops out and back, cutting off your head. I know it is possible to adjust any piece cutting off, but I'm having the same problem as you had in the tutorial. I would just like a straight line from a zoom out, to an adjustment on the x or y axis. Every time I do this using pan and zoom it swoops on a curved line. Does this makes sense?

I can do the move using resize and it shows me the straight line and it works perfectly. The reason why I was trying pan and zoom is because it offers a few more controls for moving on pictures. Although it gives me the problem stated above.

Return to posts index

eoin lally
on Feb 11, 2014 at 4:05:55 pm

Hi

Just wondering if anyone figured this out. I'm getting the swoop thing when I want a straight zoom to a close up just off centre in avid pan and zoom. Thanks

Return to posts index

Mark Baldwin
on Jan 9, 2017 at 11:26:05 pm

I similarly have the "swoop" frustration. Often, the swoop's great, but I feel I should be able to manipulate it, or do a straight line push or pull.

---Mark

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]