FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pro Tools 10 OMF / AAF Import orphan clips

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tristan Vocaturo
Pro Tools 10 OMF / AAF Import orphan clips
on May 20, 2013 at 9:26:02 am

We're trying to import an AAF into PT. Strange thing is once it's imported all the clips look ok and playback fine on the timeline, but when you select a clip on the timeline most of them don't highlight the parent in the clip browser. In fact it is as if Pro Tools doesn't recognise they exist - until you trim the clip and then immediately it will become highlighted as it has created a new instance in the clip list.

When you export selected tracks or save copy in... the clips transfer into a new session successfully. However, if you export selected clips (Cmd + Shft + K) only the clips that were highlighting themselves in the clip list will be exported. We also went back to the editor to ask for an OMF in case it was the AAF causing problems but both the OMF and AAF behaved exactly the same.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this bug and / or found out what's causing it or if there's a fix?

Return to posts index

Jonathan Abrams
Re: Pro Tools 10 OMF / AAF Import orphan clips
on May 21, 2013 at 4:04:28 pm

Have you performed any Find operations in the clip list? If there are any characters in the Find function for the clip list, then the number of clips you will see is limited to whatever matches the find criteria. I have heard of problems similar to yours in the past, and the solution was to clear the find criteria.

--
Jonathan S. Abrams, CEA, CEV, CBNT
Apple Certified - Technical Coordinator (v10.5) Support Professional (v10.6 and v10.7)
Vice-Chairman, NY section, AES

Return to posts index

Tristan Vocaturo
on May 21, 2013 at 4:09:48 pm

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately this time it's not the case. There are no find characters, and I've even tried unticking the 'By Name' check box and still isn't working properly.

Thanks anyway,
Tris

Return to posts index

Tristan Vocaturo
on May 21, 2013 at 4:12:48 pm

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately this time it's not the case. There are no find characters, and I've even tried unticking the 'By Name' check box, and doing a search and then clearing still with the same results.

Thanks anyway,
Tris

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]