FORUMS: list search recent posts

Windows - tools, bins, etc keep opening offscreen!

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Sarfatty
Windows - tools, bins, etc keep opening offscreen!
on May 17, 2013 at 4:17:44 pm

Please help!

Recently migrated to new computer and installed ver 6.5. Working on MCBr with Thunderbolt monitor attached.

Bins, windows, tools keep opening up either entirely offscreen. I keep unplugging monitors to get things all in one screen, changing resolutions, but it keep happening. For ex, now the console is half offscreen and I need it to check installation of plugins. I've tried closing the laptop screen, changing resolution, nothing gets the top of this back down again. Yesterday had same problem with timecode window, and the bins are a perpetual issue. At this point it is seriously slowing me down.

Is there no way to prevent this? Is this a 6.5 bug? I never experienced this in 6 or 5.5.

Also, if I try to create a subclip by option-clicking in the source/record monitors and dragging to a bin on the second monitor, this causes Avid crash.

Please help.

Return to posts index

Kevin P McAuliffe
Re: Windows - tools, bins, etc keep opening offscreen!
on May 17, 2013 at 7:46:33 pm

Hey Brian,

First, update to 6.5.2.1 (free). As for the bins opening off screen, try creating a new user, and see if it still does it. As for the subclip crash, does it do it with a keyboard shortcut?

Kevin P McAuliffe
Creative COW Leader
kevinpmcauliffe@gmail.com
Twitter: @kpmcauliffe

Return to posts index

Brian Sarfatty
Re: Windows - tools, bins, etc keep opening offscreen!
on May 20, 2013 at 7:48:23 pm

I just tried installing the update. Hasn't resolved the problem. Tried creating a new User Profile.

The project was created on a different machine running MC 6.0, and has also moved on and off a computer running 5.0.

So I'm guessing that may be part of the problem of why bins are opening where they would have on the other systems(s)... Though it won't explain why the console is still opening with the top off-screen.

Any other suggestions?

I am guessing I need to trash whatever file stores where bins and where tool windows are positioned. I have been trying to find this and have trashed various things, and looked extensively online but found no answers....

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]