FORUMS: list search recent posts

Automatic Duck DNXHD36 compatibility

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Wise
Automatic Duck DNXHD36 compatibility
on May 17, 2013 at 3:13:55 pm

Before Automatic Duck went EOL, their fcp to avid converter was able to convert to several DNxHD formats with the exception of 36.

Although I'm not sure exactly why, I assume that this was because DNxHD36 had yet to be released before the developers left for Adobe.

In any case, I was wondering if anyone has been able to figure out a way to get it to to use DNxHD 36? If the codec is already on my system, could it be that hard to modify it so it can be a selectable option?

I know that Boris's FCP transfer is more up to date and can do this. Unfortunately, I work for a production company that will not pay for this licence, so I'm left to find other means.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Automatic Duck DNXHD36 compatibility
on May 17, 2013 at 4:50:27 pm

Nope...I have the latest Duck and DNx36 isn't an option.

If this is something required for your workflow, the ability to transfer an FCP cut to Avid as DNx36...and the free product won't do it, but another one that cost money will, how can the company justify NOT buying it?

I mean...to say "we need you to do X," and you say "OK, to do X I need to buy this app."

Then they go "Sorry, we can't do that. figure out another way."

Simply reply, "There is no other way."

So silly. "We need you to shoot this with this great camera, but we don't have a budget for a lens." "It won't work without a lens." "We can't afford a lens. Figure something out."

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Adam Wise
Re: Automatic Duck DNXHD36 compatibility
on May 23, 2013 at 3:18:50 pm

I completely agree. Its one of those situations where the people who control the purse strings are ignorant towards the programs needed to run the business.

I'll restate my case. Hopefully they'll come to their senses.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]