FORUMS: list search recent posts

Any news on using MC with 4K Blackmagic CC?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
pekin azer
Any news on using MC with 4K Blackmagic CC?
on May 16, 2013 at 9:17:20 pm

Ok, it's not here yet... But, the 4K files will be with us soon.... Will Avid be ready for RED or BMCC 4K files? i still can't export my newly shot ad film at 4K without a 3rd party app. Using 4K files would be great for FX work....

Thanks,
Pekin

You are what you make others feel.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Any news on using MC with 4K Blackmagic CC?
on May 16, 2013 at 11:32:56 pm

Looking at v6, and what was announced at NAB for v7, Media Composer itself will continue to be an HD editing, finishing, and output editing system. v7 does bring support for region of interest extraction of a larger than HD frame size - think of it as pan & zoom for 2K+ video formats. If you want to finish at 2K and higher, it will be with third party applications.

Michael

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on May 17, 2013 at 12:32:17 am

The typical workflow would be to edit in Avid, send an AAF to Resolve that will link to the RED RAW files...finish in Resolve.

Avid will remain 1080 max, I believe. But finishing in Resolve, or Baselight, or Scratch...they all do 4K.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on May 17, 2013 at 1:09:40 pm

Resolve 10 looks promising as it starts to provide more of the finishing tools needed to deliver, such as titles, con/recreation of fluid motion, and Open FX for plug-ins. Scratch has a lot of this as well. I am using smoke more and more for this type of conform/finishing as it has very strong VFX and is resolution independent and the conform is getting better with each release. It is still a bit of a trade-off between deep color correction and control ala Resolve and conform/VFX control at this time. I am curious as to the announcement of Autodesk and Blackmagic's partnership announced at NAB - All I was told is that it was not just hardware I/O support.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]