FORUMS: list search recent posts

AFD Metadata

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ricky Barrow
AFD Metadata
on May 16, 2013 at 6:08:16 pm

I have MC 6.0.3 Win7. I received a :30 Spot for broadcast from Ad Agency that I need to customize audio. The delivery specs from the TV station say that it needs to be 4x3 center cut safe OR encoded with AFD metadata for letterbox down conversion by 3rd party distibution channels. They do not want me to letterbox.

Can I create such metadata in Avid and if not can someone link me to info. on how to accomplish this 3rd party autside Avid? I have researched some in my time crunch and it seems to be like looking for a needle in a haystack - the closest possibility seems to be going to Adobe Bridge.

As a last resort, i have the AE project where this was created and I can re-edit the and make 4x3 safe/center cut.

Thanks, rb

Ricky

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: AFD Metadata
on May 16, 2013 at 6:58:10 pm

I "think" MC v6.5 added AFD support. I'm trying to remember exactly how it's applied and how much of it is supported. If I get time, I'll poke around.

Michael

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
Re: AFD Metadata
on May 16, 2013 at 7:05:50 pm

Thanks Michael - just more ammunition (besides the improvements coming to AMA) for me to use for the upgrade to 6.5 and get new 7 release.

Ricky

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]