FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adding new comments to bins after Transcoding to DNX36 for offlining is causing the Video to pop back to ProRes.

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Meg Twomey
Adding new comments to bins after Transcoding to DNX36 for offlining is causing the Video to pop back to ProRes.
on May 13, 2013 at 3:31:24 pm

Am I doing something wrong? I have the master folder of DNX36 files open. Can anyone tell me why this is happening and how I get the files back to DNX36?

I am working in Avid MC 6.5.1 on Mac

Thanks!

Meg

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Adding new comments to bins after Transcoding to DNX36 for offlining is causing the Video to pop back to ProRes.
on May 13, 2013 at 4:13:04 pm

Very odd...

Are the ProRes files offline? They should be. That way, Avid can only link to the DNx36 files.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Meg Twomey
Re: Adding new comments to bins after Transcoding to DNX36 for offlining is causing the Video to pop back to ProRes.
on May 13, 2013 at 5:26:39 pm

Yes they are offline.

I began logging comments in the original AMA bins, then transcoded, took original AMA offline and then made additions to the comments. As I did, the Video popped back to Pro-Rez (offline though).

After I made the changes, I had to relink everything to the low-rez files. Is there something I need to do differently or understand about the relationships better?

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on May 13, 2013 at 7:44:37 pm

Once you transcode, you should really be using the .new clips from the on as they are linked to the new material.

Michael

Return to posts index

Pat Horridge
on May 14, 2013 at 12:09:19 pm

There is some disinformation around on linking the dnx36 transcodes back to the AMA master clips but this isn't needed and can cause these sorts of odd things to happen.
Once dnx36 media is created and .new clips made use those .new clips to annotate.
The original AMA master clips won't "like" being linked to the DNX36 media and it sounds like they are reverting back to the original format.

Pat Horridge
Technical Director, Trainer, Avid Certified Instructor
VET
Production Editing Digital Media Design DVD
T +44 (0)20 7505 4701 | F +44 (0)20 7505 4800 | E pat@vet.co.uk |
http://www.vet.co.uk | Lux Building 2-4 Hoxton Square London N1 6US

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on May 14, 2013 at 12:18:59 pm

I don't know how or why the relink the AMA masterclips to the transcoded media became the preferred method, but I see it on a lot of forums. If Media Composer would allow for that, it wouldn't make the .new clips. :)

Michael

Return to posts index

Pat Horridge
on May 14, 2013 at 12:24:58 pm

The how is by selecting the original Master clips and forcing a re-link to the dnx36 media.

The why is because somebody found that as a workaround for poor AMA workflow management and the word has just spread.

Many now do this with no idea why they are doing it. And that they don't need to.

Pat Horridge
Technical Director, Trainer, Avid Certified Instructor
VET
Production Editing Digital Media Design DVD
T +44 (0)20 7505 4701 | F +44 (0)20 7505 4800 | E pat@vet.co.uk |
http://www.vet.co.uk | Lux Building 2-4 Hoxton Square London N1 6US

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]