FORUMS: list search recent posts

Any way to Map Keyboard Settings Window to Your Keyboard?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Clements
Any way to Map Keyboard Settings Window to Your Keyboard?
on May 10, 2013 at 9:57:04 pm

Hi, I'm finding it very time consuming to go to my settings tab and scroll down to select my keyboard settings window every time I want to remap my keyboard. However, I can't seem to figure out how to map a settings window selection to the keyboard - it doesn't seem to be navigable by the menus, so "menu to button" mapping is not an option. Is it possible to do this?

Film Editor, London UK
http://www.scottclementseditor.com

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Any way to Map Keyboard Settings Window to Your Keyboard?
on May 11, 2013 at 4:56:02 pm

Don't know about that. If having more than one keyboard mapping is your goal, but scrolling down to choose a different keyboard for different workflows is too much, you could set up multiple users, each named by a specific keyboard they are mapped to.

User-multicam
user-edit
user-colour correction

then you could simply select a different user to load different keyboard presets.

You should also still be able to select which settings are visible under the settings tab. This could eliminate some of the upper settings, and place keyboard up near the top of the list.

I personally just have two keyboard mappings, and switch between the two of them.
two clicks and i'm done.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Scott Clements
on May 11, 2013 at 5:22:06 pm

Thanks, Glenn. I was actually more interested in being able to bring up the actual keyboard settings window with single button push, because I'm in the process of really learning the program and working out my keyboard settings. I'm constantly finding a new approach to mapping as I'm going through Steven Cohen's amazing 'Avid Agility' book and picking up tidbits. I know it sounds ridiculous, but it is really slowing me down, having to open the command palette and they go over to the keyboard settings and open that up. I actually wish the keyboard was attached to the command palette and then just hit command 3 and you've got your access. But, it is good to know about your approach of making different users for different keyboards for different workspaces. I was wondering about how people made different keyboards that they would call up quickly. Too bad you can't tie different keyboards to different work spaces.

Film Editor, London UK

Return to posts index

John Pale
on May 12, 2013 at 8:02:53 pm

You can just leave them both the command pallete and the keyboard map window open and minimized.

Return to posts index

Scott Clements
on May 12, 2013 at 9:31:35 pm

Thanks, John. I might do that. It's not ideal, but it's a workaround.

Film Editor, London UK

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]