COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
William Burrus
iMac user can't import video into Avid
on May 10, 2013 at 3:23:12 am

Help.
How do I import Canon 3ti video to AVID using a
16 Gb iMac (2012).
I have a ProMaster SD/SDH Card Reader [USB port].
Also, my Canon 3ti came with two discs [EOS Digital Solution Disc 24.1 and an EOS Digital Software instructon manual -- if those are of any help.
My problem [as stupid as it may seem]is that I've always used PC's and the Mac is confusing to this 65 yr old.
A STEP BY STEP [including where, specifically, to go (click) on my iMac] would be DEEPLY appreciated.
Funny thing.., I actually understand quite a bit of what to do with the video once it's been imported.., but can't seem to import correctly].
Thanks.

Return to posts index

David Powell
Re: iMac user can't import video into Avid
on May 10, 2013 at 7:15:49 am

Click "File-Link to AMA volume"
Select the folder and it will AMA link to all the video files. You may have to first download the canon AMA plugin from the avid site for free.

After you see all your video files in the bin, you'll want to transcode the files to dnx 115/145. You can subclip and make selects first before transcoding and you can edit with the ama files but performance will be poor. It's best to transcode. Also transcoding will create new files in an avid organized media folder on the drive of your choosing.

Another option is to click "File-link to AMA files" and choose the mov files one by one.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]